Plastination is introduced and invented by Dr.Gunther Von Hagens from German institute for plastination of University of Heidelberg , Dr Von Hagens spent ten years finding the way to make the human palstinated specimens in 1978 -1990, plastination is currently the most advanced biological specimen preservation technology,and has been recognized by medical schools around the world.International Society for plastination is established in 1986 and make the plastination is spreading rapidly around the world . our country also has sent technicians to German Institute for plastination University of Heidelberg study of the technology, in order to advance the development and research of plastination, this technology is already widely used in anatomy, embryology, biology, pathology, clinical imaging many fields, such as biology, forensic science and museums.
Why plastination is born?
1) A strong irritant on the skin, mucous membranes and other internal organs, people are unbearable and directly impact on learning outcomes, some student show some resistance to it.
2) It is toxic for long term contacts' nervous system and internal organs.
3) Formaldehyde pollution of air and water saving is very inconvenient, formalin (35% -40% aqueous solution of formaldehyde) is noxious liquid, and harm to human health. what's more the specimen can not be stored for a long time, easy damage, especially some structure of specimens would undermine with using time.
4) Specimen is easy to damage, it is inevitable to be a lot of wear and tear in teaching. so it is need to be supplement and update regularly. In this way, it will consume the a lot of bodes but also need skilled technicians spent long time to make the new specimens.
Plastination in china
In 1996, it is building in china,
In 2000, It is developing rapidly.
Then 2005, our company research and develop it and doing the various types specimens, such as plastinated specimens, casting specimens, embedded specimens, skeleton specimens, etc. Especially our embedded specimens is unique and famous in china. maybe there is unknown in the world. now we have the glorious responsibility to spread this good technology and information to the world.
Advantage of plastinated specimens.
1) Little irritation.getting rid of serious irritation because of intense immersion in formalin specimens and bad effect to human health and make the teaching more environmentally.
2)Can be hand-held with certain characteristics to facilitate teaching
3)Clear structure. We can produce a teaching specimens of each system according to the teaching needs.
4) Vivid speciemens, strong sense of reality.
5)Using recycled. It will be saving resources to ensure school teaching
6)Long time using. An investment in the long term benefit.
7) maintenance more convenient. laboratory technician can repair the specimens according to the instruction of products. Using water to clean the stain on the sample and dry in a cool and wind place.
In a word, not only can Plastinated specimens improve human anatomy learning environment, increase interests in learning , eliminate fear of ordinary specimens,help to improve the quality of learning. but also avoid the pollution of the environment and physical damage. This study shows it is having an increasingly the greater effect because of introduction of plastination.